Monday, March 23, 2009

the package

i finally got the package from mom! we went to the post office on Saturday to pick it up. then went to Michael's parents to Madison to go somewhere for breakfast together. it was a 30 mins drive from the post-office i guess. During all that ride i was trying to open the package. if americans did everything with such professionalism, quality, and diligence it would be a perfect country. the way the package was taped was crazy - and i had no sharp object in the car, so i had to simply untape it (if i can use the word simply about that situation). anyway, right as we were on the last turn i managed to finally open the box and get rid of all tapes (which formed a ball bigger than my fist).

mom sent me 21 dvds with programs/music/movies, absolutelly adorable comfy capris (a bit longer breeches), a shirt, and a hair-barette. also she found my one-of-most-favorite cat earrings and one of my lion key-ring charms. She also sent a long-sleeved shirt for Michael.


Michael and Irina spring! aren't we alike?

barette


As you see me and Anoki are of the same colors now :D

i recognized the barette. i had seen it at the cosmetics store where me and mom bought all girlish stuff - "Paris". almost all of my barettes were from there, and this one i liked for the design but it wasn't matching any clothes in my closet so i didn't get it. Mom somehow remembered and bought it. THEN she got the outfit for me. That's what i told Michael - i thought mom bought stuff in that order. later when she called in the evening she said "Irina but i must confess in something.." and i said "that you matched clothes with the barette and not the vice versa?" mom said "YES!" and we laughed. and oh well i once got a swimsuit to match my slippers, and the apple doesn't fall far from the apple-tree :))

It was 21st of March when i got 21 DVDs.. that number is haunting me. 21st of march is also Helen's birthday. i called her around 9 my time... to realize tat it was kind of late night in Armenia :)) then i kept messaging her from the bar but she seemed to be asleep. i messaged mom with a songle word (in armeninan i mean) "are you asleep?" she called back and said

- you! why did you wake me up?? it doesn't matter that you are over the ocean on the other side of the planet, you still give me a hard time! it's 8 am sunday! couldn't you wait until 9 at least??

in my defence i forgot that Armenia hasn't shifted to daylight saving time, so i thought it was 9! hehe.

11 comments:

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

You're beautiful :))

hey, never let Michael shave all the hair on his face again, he looks terrible :D :D ha ha ha

though I can understand, it's uncomfortable to kiss him. But his look will be worth of it ;))

Hey, I'm gonna watch "Vicky, Christina, Barcelona" tonight. Would be great, if you did the same ;))

yes, and check my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31410264@N04/) I have restarted, without my new cam.

Hobbit said...

Hey!

Come on now. It was a sunday morning, unshowered and hung-over from a night of drinking. :)

Besides, I will always pale in comparison standing next to such beauty ;)

But don't worry, I'm growing it back.

Hobbit said...

OK...I take that back. It wasn't Sunday. But still!

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

Calm down Michael :))))

you, handsom man ! :))))

Irene would never be with a negative person, so take it easy !

muah muah

I love you two !!

Irina D. said...

you guys :D:D Mary it kind of grew back already ;) he did it early in the morning when i was deeply in my sleep, then woke me up to say goodbye and give a kiss, and i couldn't understand what happened and why he looked strange and why he wasn't letting me sleep :D i don't quite wake up when he leaves the house - but i say things and i growl at him :D:D:D i can't control it!

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

Don't make excuses :p :D

I am really glad it grew back (actually I was thinking about too much all the last week)

Nicole said...

hey lady! Sorry, I just got your message today! I forgot that I had a photoshoot from 430-630. I didn't get out of there until 7 and steve and I had to go grocery shopping. But I'm definately coming over soon to play some indiana jones! ahah. What are you guys doing saturday?! I have saturday off of work. (crazy i know. i never get a saturday off!)

Irina D. said...

oh it's fine. Saturday you say... but! tomorrow is free pie wednesday!!! aren't you going to get a FREE delicious pie? :D ;) i have no idea for saturday for now and if i wake Michael up NOW to ask about it, he probablyu won't be too happy :D :D

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

oh yeah. I got, I got my caameraaaa . uuuh

Irina D. said...

hoooooray!!!! OMG Mary!!! congrats! wait a minute you haven't posted any new photos yet! i went to both of your blogs, your flickr... and nothing :( quick! post something! and did you take that photography book from mom?

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

not yet.

I got the cam yesterday late in the evening. And it was dark there to understand anything. So, I took some "blind" shots. You may already check my blog and Flickr, for the mentioned photos and story :))))) huraaaaaaaay