Friday, March 20, 2009

macro lenses and filters

i got it! i got my order! i was all excited and going crazy :)

the package included 4 macro lenses, 3 filters, and some cleaning stuff. i tore everything down, created a mess all around me, and was sitting happily among photo equipment and computer wires when Michael arrived at home.

he however had to leave for practice with Kevin, so i grabbed my new stuff and ran out to the park. here are some test shots:

remains from the last year


last image is taken with +10 and +4 macro lenses mounted on my cam! that plant was really tiny and i had to breath carefully not to cause the slightest movement. for scale, i'd say the diameter of the 'flower' was 2.5 mm.

but of course it's not only plants that i took photos of:

vicious
hissing at the camera

good boy
i focused on his eye and you can clearly see the reflection in it

always zipped


i'll speak about filters separately as the test shots i took were really boring, but the filters are awesome anyway! as soon as i got the package i said "oh my god! this is awesomeee!" about 5 times a minute :D

and now i am looking forward to new discoveries in the macro world and i guess it's exactly what i'm going to do NOW!

4 comments:

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

Well, you know that these are only the first steps, and maybe a week later you will think these shots are not that much perfect. I believe you will learn to make really awesome macro shots.

but still I will say, they are beautiful.

дерзай !

Irina D. said...

oh i know that's why i say they were test shots. i even wanted to delete them - except for the ones i posted on flickr - those were good i think. usually what i post to picasa is merely an illustration kind - a shot but not a photo :))

and thank you! it's always very valuable to hear such nice words from such a great designer :D

can't wait to see your photos!

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

now you are making me feel shy.

you know, I won't make such professional photos initially, as you are doing :))

besides, I am feeling in myself a different branch of improvement. I feel I will be making photos in very different style.

Irina D. said...

oh i bet you will be making awesome shots right at once! as soon as you figure where and what is in your camera. and it's not about the style - it doesn't matter :D