Thursday, March 1, 2007

Einstein Quotes

# Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.

# Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

# When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours. That's relativity.

# Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.

# We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

# If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

# Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one.

# Setting an example is not the main means of influencing another, it is the only means.

# The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat.

# Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.

# If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.

#
If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.

1 comment:

Hobbit said...

Those are great :) I especially liked the last one.