Saturday, May 9, 2009

braids, glasses, photos of Armenia, and other craziness

there is one post i skipped for now.. i need photoshop to edit the photos. so i'll just go ahead and post this one first ;)

yesterday i found this calendar my aunt gave to Michael on one of his visits. 12 photos of Armenian landscapes (one with Ararat of course), and a photo of a rose with a poem by Vahan Teryan (who is probably my favorite Armenian poet). I couldn't hange it as it was for 2007... but then i found scissors and cut the calendar up. then i got equipped with scotch and went to bedroom. the walls are white - just plain white - and this has been bothering me. so as you could have guessed i put all (!) of those photos on the wall in front of the bed - so now when i wake up i will see the beauty of nature and many many bright colors :D i love it. my granny would say "vonc vor sapojniki budka lini" (means: it's like a stall of a shoemaker! (shoemakers decorate every inch in their stall with posters)).



when i woke up i felt like doing something unusual. what was it? look at the following picture. do you think it's a macrame curtain?



you are wrong... what about this picture? do you get it now?



haha yes i made many-many braids :D no i wasn't going to go out this way... you will see what purpose it had (other than me having fun). Here are some photos.. i took way too many - as usual when i get excited about something :D





braids


all that trouble was for..



crazy curls :D i used to ask mom to braid my hair like that so that in the morning i would unbraid it and get the extreme curls. it was back when i was at second year at the university... but it was so time-consuming and tiring that i gave it up. i guess my mom was happy about it. but now i discovered that i can actually do it myself.. so maybe i will do this from time to time :)

anyway.. the other thing is i've got my glasses! yay! i can't use them inside the apartment simply because i can see things well enough and with glasses on my eyes will hurt. but if i look into far distance... it's approximately like zooming things up with my cam :D yeah i feel like an eagle looking for its prey. there is no road sign that i won't see now :D





so i guess tomorrow i will take my test and hopefully will get my learner's permit :)

No comments: