Sunday, April 19, 2009

weird days

Saturday
seemed to be a nomral day, nothing extra-ordinary. just the head was kind of heavy. When Michael arrived from work and we went to have dinner, it appeared to me that i really didn't havy any appetite and that food as a general concept seemed disgusting to me. and the head started really hurting, so we went home. Michael went to an electronic store to get a movie, and i stayed at home to "pray to the porcelain god" (new expression i added to my vocabulary, it's expressive and i really like it :D ). when he came back i didn't feel any better to my surprise. i retook the medicine, curled up on the couch and we watched "21". oh God i don't remember when was the last time i felt so sick... and it touched me how sweetly Michael took care of me :) my big bear is the best :D

Saturday

i woke up around 10, as i went to bed around 12 last night. i stretched, got up to look at myself in the mirror. i got really scared at the sight in the mirror :D so i went to take care of it, even applied a mask (!). the mask was blueish, and i thought if Michael woke up on accident and went to bathroom, it would've been really funny :D "walking sleepily... opening the door, and a blue face stars at you" i started giggling as i was imagining all that. then after i was done, and checked myself in the mirror i was satisfied with what i saw.

i went to play WOW a bit, then woke Michael up to say "I'M HUNGRYYYYY". we went to "Rolly Polly" where you can have a normal-sized normal salad (which is not just chopped lettuce with some rare tomatoes). Michael calls it Irina-sized salad :D.

the day was sunny, the weather was good, and every creature, every little bug, and even programmers wanted to go out and spend some time in the sun. we went to the beach first. Some people were flying kites, and some crazy people were getting a tan!




then Michael took me to a park. we went to Hidden Valley this time. it was a far ride and on the way i saw a lot of blossoming trees and flowers in people's backyards. i'm sorry i couldn't take pictures of those as we couldn't park the car in the middle of the road :(

However i took some photos in the park:





Bear on the tree, and a cat on the tree :D

This I took through the windshield:



then we went home tired from walking. i changed into a dress, and we went to Steve and Nicole. they were ready, and Nicole looked great in a skirt. then we got into the cars and went to... restaurant Europa which we usually call "the russian restaurant". For Steve and Nicole it was something interesting and so foreign i guess.

the waiter approached us and from his first words i knew he was Russian or so. i told Michael.

- how do you know?
- from the accent.
- his english is good, don't be mean.
- i'm not being mean :D you will see ;)

then when we were ready to order food, i asked:

- "Russian salad" is "Olivie" right?
- Da!
- Khorosho!

but that was practically whispered so nobody heard. and on me saying see? he speaks russian. Steve said i didn't hear anything. i said fine fine.

then the waiter was back with some bread and butter (which was awesome), and he said:

- you are russian right?
- partly :)
- oh! i'm ukrainian.
- oh i'm partly ukrainian too :D
- where from?
- Armenia :D my mother is half-russian half-ukrainian (i omitted the pollish part not to confuse the poor guy even more)
- oh great! i'm from Odessa.
- ahh that's great!

(later when i told mom about this she asked "Odessa is great! what is he doing in Ohio??" on which i said "hehe and what am i doing there? :D:D")

Michael admitted his defeat. and i explained to him that it's like... Russians recognize each other at once. it's something like an instinct (or accent i'd say), or it's like every Russian sends waves of Russian frequency which only other russians can catch :D:D

the food was good. Steve and Nicole seemed to enjoy it too. and they loved "russian salad" very much. Michael wants me to get recipie... for him to make it i guess :D:D i gave up on kitchen activities. seriously it's not my thing...

then we went to the vodka room. the waiter insisted on girls wearing the fur coats (which were by the way very nice and i'd say expensive) and there was also one russian hat to wear which was given to Nicole :D she looked cute and Russian in that outfit :D we drank the vodka shots and went to sit at the bar. by bar here i mean the bar stand inside the same dining hall we were at. the bartender was the same as last time. he was really funny again.



Michael and the bartender whose name is Michael too :D (in the background :( )



Steve hiding his face as always. Nicole with thumbs up as always. that lady was very nice and sweet. the bartender said "it's my fiancee. she just doesn't know yet" :D



Michael and vodka :D he is happy about the size of that bottle :D

the bartender asked what ladies would like to drink. and then... it seemed to me i saw cognac. i asked if they had it. they did - of several kinds. Mike suggested Cavassier. i agreed, Nicole chose that too. And ohh that was good. it was good to have some cognac, i almost forgot how it makes you warm, and what it smells like. The taste reminded me of Armenian cognac i liked. it was kind of cheap back then, but now mom informed me that the price went up. i think it was called "tonakan" and produced by "Ararat".. anyway. Nicole didn't seem to like cognac that much and she ended up giving me hers. so it was the second glass of cognac after a vodka shot. bartender was walking around, making jokes. when i was done with the second glass, he looked me straight in the eye and said "you are being a pain the ass" and poored the third glass for me!!! i started screaming "no no no!!" on which he said "yeah sure after i poured it, she started saying 'no no no!!' but not before i did!" but really he did it quickly and i didn't expect him to! so by the time i realized what was happening he already poured it!

but it was cognac... and mmm how could i leave it there? so warm and lonely. so yes i drank the third glass. which by the way came free. After that we left. Brian and Linzy wanted us to meet with them at some bar. i was like "nooooo more alcohol! i'm good already!". we went home, and it was obvious to me that i wasn't going anywhere even without drinking. i told Michael to go, and went to try to pray to the porcelain god... but i decided that cognac was too good, and changed my mind and went to bed instead. the lights of my mind switched off immedeately. i only remember i told Michael to go see Brian and Linzy, and to let me sleep :D it was 10 PM.

Sunday

woke up twice last night to go drink some lemonade. my body knows how bad it will be in the morning after drinking in the evening so i always wake up to get something to drink. too bad we didn't have orange juice, but i decided lemonade will do it.

the second time i woke up was at 6.30. i went to bed and was trying to fall back to sleep for half hour. i failed. Michael started tossing and opened his eyes for a moment... to see my eyes staring at him. at first he just closed the eyes but then opened them again and stared back.

- jeeze! somebody is wide awake!
- mmmm yes actually..
- what time is it?
- 7 AM..
- wow!!!
- when did i go to sleep last night?
- 10 PM...
- that's why...

so i got up, with some hangover. after a shower i checked my mail.

to find a message from one of my best friends. the subject was "i'm not well" so it was like a cold shower to me. i opened the email... to find out that person was missing me badly and had desparatelly fallen in love. i got another set of emotions, which was like a hot shower :D i'll assasinate that person someday. what's wrong with you people? falling in love is a good thing! be happy! so i'm charging my phone to talk to that person (who will assasinate me if i give any details here) to find out WHO has stollen the heart.

p.s. hehe found out! that's cuteeee!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

That food was amaaazing! I always take stupid pictures! haha. I wish that we would have gotten a sweet picture of us in the fur coats. Steve's are all blurry. lol. We will have to get a good one next time we go. :)

Irina D. said...

you didn't take any pictures! and hehe that's a very serious reason to go back there again someday soon! i'm really glad you guys liked the food! it was a really good time! yay!

Armine said...

Irene, you really write your blogs in such an interesting way, that whenever I'm reading the posts I hear nothing and nobody around!!!!! :))))
But the saddest thing is that you didn't say who your "IN LOVE" friend was and who was the person that stole her/his heart!!! :( I want to know it, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :D

Irina D. said...

oh i'm glad that you like it Armin :D

well that person reads my blogs too so i can't really say anything here... i will give you a clue - you know that person and we all worked together :D the heart thief is also who we worked with :D

Armine said...

Irene!!!! I believe I guessed!!! :D :))) Somehow I knew who you'll hint! ;) As for the heart thief I still doubt... Anyhow, it's really good when people fall in love, especially when it's spring!!! :)

Nicole said...

hehe, I made something cool for you to mail to your friend!! I don't want to give it away, so I'll tell you soon. haha.

Irina D. said...

to Armine: yes you got it! (was obvious) as for the thief you probably won't guess.

to Nicole: wait what? who? what's happening? :D