Monday, January 17, 2011

2.5 weeks of Yerevanyan nights

I have only a week left. Many people ask how is your vacation? it's a funny thing to say about me going home... it's been 17 days of hectic heavily saturated eventful time. I haven't seen all of my friends/relatives yet and for that i'm sorry. I still have a week left though and i'll try to see everybody at least once. I'm not sure why i am writing all this or if it's interesting... just today I woke up to the sunshine coming through the window and the 17 days I've been here passed in my mind. It's been a relief for me to see people still treat me the same, that they didn't change - their life did but they didn't. That their attitude towards me stayed the same - i couldn't be happier to be wrong. i thought since i moved with time friendships will start diminishing and sooner or later we will only have old memories to talk about otherwise it will be awkward silence. i was afraid of this and so nervous before seeing someone... but now i know it's not gonna happen. and as funny as it is some people were worried about the same and it was a relief for them that i didn't change at all as they said i was the same Irina they knew years ago - even the looks stayed the same. i guess i'm just feeling happy and lucky to have all the people i have in my life. to still have them by my side.

so far i had a wonderful time and if i was given the chance to redo these 17 days i wouldn't have changed a thing. even though some days were exhausting and i would just pass out on the couch sometimes... still - there hasn't been a moment i regret during my stay in Yerevan.

you ask me if the city has changed? not really.. i've noticed a couple minor changes towards the better but all in all it's the yerevan i know, it's the city i grew up in, it's the city i'll call home till the rest of my life.

god, my posts can be cheesy sometimes. i'll go bite a lemon to quit smiling in such a way before i say more stuff.

No comments: