Monday, February 4, 2013

tech blog

I don't know if I should call it a Tech blog or what but this is what I started for now...

http://irinart-121.blogspot.com/

I've been very consumed with work this year and just have much to say about some things. If I still have any readers on this very dead blog (like my godfather... hi Aram!) this new one won't be that interesting content-wise but I may put some of my work up there at some point. Or if I ever get some free time I will make my own website/portfolio since I seem to be needing it anyway.

I really should put creating a portfolio on my calendar and have it remind me every day of every week. All my work is scattered everywhere from logos to web-based personal programs and x-box game. Some of it is just sitting around on my desk because I've been too busy to digitalize and post it anywhere. Mike keeps yelling at me for that and telling me I should post my drawings and graphics somewhere for people to see. And he is right about one thing - it would make my life a lot easier as far as clients go... so I decided to start small and just make a blog and go from there. If I stick to it I will move it to my own page that I yet have to make.

Oh no I'm stuck in a loop now. Keep repeating myself. It's been a long day with a lot of learning. I have so many paths in front of me as far as what I can do and learn and I just can't pick a direction. So many opportunities, so many challenges. High pressure, stress... I love every minute of it. I'm so lucky to be doing what I love for my work.

It's funny I was moving in the programming direction and looking back at the projects I did in summer I feel like I've grown so much. But now it seems like my priority is graphics and maybe animation in the future (2D for advertisement and hey maybe even cartoons). That's on the premise that I completely master drawing and vector graphics.

And I'm just dying to learn windows 8 app development and deepen my skills in jquery, ajax, bootstrap, learn html5 and canvas thoroughly. And I want to be extremely good at all of those things. It's never enough for me what I can do right now, where I stand, there is always more and more to learn. And all of those things are huge directions requiring a lot of time to perfect my skills. I barely sleep at night and can't wait for the next day to go on with my work and self-education and research.

Sometimes I feel like such an uneducated little ant that's crawling in the desert so ignorant of its sizes for every sand particle seems like huge milestone to him. And sometimes I feel really good because I can do so many things!

My work has a really positive effect on my life in general - I try to do good at everything be it housework, cooking, or decorating the house, or even staying in touch with my friends in Armenia. Just everything! And it feels like the more I do the more energy I have. Maybe because it's not a chore, not something I have to force myself to do but something that I enjoy so much, that I can't get tired of. Even the really horrible weather outside - I don't mind it at all and I appreciate its beauty in some way. I still hate winter but it doesn't bother me. Upbeat instrumental music, good mood, good coffee, French cigarettes, and a beast of a computer and who cares how cold it is outside?

me + work = happy! :D

2 comments:

Mary D. Haroutyounyan said...

why didn't you say hello to me too? :)

P.S. welcome back to blogging!

Irina D. said...

I just got up :))