Friday, October 24, 2008

interview appointment!

so some of you know that i've got a call from the american embassy. for those of you who don't - they called me and asked to come today at 2 pm.

i went there with mom, arrived at 1.50. mom was to wait in the taxi (of course they wouldn't let her in). so i saw a line of 2-3 people in front of the "consular services" entrance. i went and stood there with the rest, but wasn't sure if it was the right place, so i went to the security officer outside. but he assured me that it was the right place just i had to wait for 10 mins - til 2.00 pm :D

when i got inside, there were some more security officers. one asked who i was, i answered. he asked to show the passport, then whether i had coins in pockets. and to leave the mobile, cameras and other stuff there. i gave my bag, said i had no coins. he asked to walk through this metal-detection gate. i did... and it ringed. so i stood there wondering what would happen next, expecting things up to "get undressed".

guy: please raise your hands and move them far from the body. and he started looking for metal on me with this small manual device. it pinged at the sides (the skirt had some metal thingies) and on the back :D

security: is it a belt or what?
i just raised my coat behind... which should have looked funny

security: no no don't get undressed :D just please don't wear clothes with metal stuff on them when you come to the embassy!
me: ah oh sure the next time i'll do my best :D (it was the first time i was asked NOT to get undressed :D:D:D)

security: okay good, take your passport now and go
me: umm where to?
security: ah you don't know.. okay i'll walk you

so he walked opening doors in front of me and letting me in (what a gentleman. why are guys gentlemen when they are at service only? :D:D:D) btw, the doors were *heavy*. when i pushed the entrance door i had to lean against it with all of my body!

security: are you leaving for the US for long?
me: yeah forever
security: what a shame! one more beautiful girl is leaving! btw it suits you more this way rather than in passport photo!
me: there are still many beautiful girls left here! and oh i know! the passport photo was taken loooooong ago!!

then he left, and i was let into a waiting hall with some other people. there were windows with numbers and people behind them. i had number 6 attached to my coat and had to wait till they'd call me. so then while waiting there was an older woman who talked to me. she was going to Utah to her daughter, and i told her my story in 2 words, and she wished me much luck, and said an american husband would suit me :D:D lol, then i was called

the lady gave me an "invitation to the interview". in the paper there were instructions on what documents i should bring with me to the interview.

i got the paper and started going back. tried to open the door, leaned on it with all of my body weight but my feet slipped and i just pushed myself back a bit. just like in Tom and Jerry or anything similar. i bet the security had quite an amusing and funny visitor. the door was actually locked.. they had to open it :D

so then i left. had some other business in the city.. but it's a different story.

now i have to collect the necessary papers, translate them through notary, undergo a medical invitation, receive papers from Michael... and get printed evidence of our relationship - like chat logs, photos, emails... if i print the 2-year chat log... it will be an encyclopedia of our relationship in 10 volumes :D. it's okay to bring "evidence" on a cd. i will take the video with me too...

it's so close now, it feels like if i lean forward i can touch it with fingertips. i'm so relaxed about it now. now that we know the date of th interview and what needs to be taken care of.. there are million of small things yet to be solved... but it all moves into some mist in my head and i all i see is Michael waiting for me right after this misty area, with open arms, with a smile, with shining eyes, as happy as i will look :D i'm idiotically smiling now :D i hope you, the reader, don't have this same idiotic smile on your face now too :D why idiotic? because i look like a hopeless romantic :D eh i'm in love what do you want? :D ok time to call my sweetness and talk to him until i fade away into the land of dreams. kidding. i don't see dreams quite often. ok i'm annoyed by myself, so bye bye :D

No comments: